MAJESTIC STEEL USA, INC.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Our Terms of Sale includes the following topics. For specific information regarding any particular topic, please click on the link below:
- Title and Risk of Loss; Delivery
- Product Warranty
- Limitation of Liability
- Force Majeure
- Entire Agreement
- Governing Law
- California Proposition 65
Each customer order for the sale of steel goods (the “Material”) by Majestic Steel USA, Inc. (“Majestic Steel”) to customer (“Buyer”) is expressly conditioned upon (i) Majestic Steel’s acceptance of the order, which acceptance may be in writing (an “Order Acknowledgement” and/or a “Release Confirmation”) or performance of Majestic Steel’s obligations pursuant to Buyer’s order (a “P.O.”), and (ii) application of these Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale. If there is a conflict between an Order Acknowledgement (including these Terms and Conditions) and a P.O., the Order Acknowledgement (including these Terms and Conditions) shall control.
Buyer is responsible for accepting delivery of and paying for the entire quantity of Material ordered. Buyer acknowledges that quantities delivered by Majestic Steel may vary within industry standards from the ordered amount, and that Majestic’s delivery of such quantities constitutes complete performance. Buyer may not terminate an order for any reason.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed to by Majestic Steel, the price for each item is (i) the amount referenced in the Order Acknowledgement, Release Acknowledgment or P.O. (as applicable), (ii) stated in U.S. dollars, and (iii) F.O.B. to the stated destination point. Prices do not include applicable taxes, tariffs, duties, charges or surcharges, all of which remain the responsibility of Buyer.
Title and Risk of Loss; Delivery
Title to, and risk of loss of, Material pass to Buyer upon delivery of Material at the destination point, or in the case of a Buyer pick-up, then prior to loading Material with a common carrier. Upon delivery of Material, Buyer will inspect for damage and patent defects. Buyer acknowledges that delivery dates are approximate only, and delays in shipment of Material, for any reason, are not a breach of the parties’ agreement.
Majestic Steel may charge Buyer a reasonable storage fee for Material if Buyer (i) requests a delivery date other than that referenced in the Order Acknowledgement or P.O. (as applicable), or (ii) fails to timely provide any documentation necessary for the delivery of Material. Any Material not released by Buyer may, at Majestic Steel’s option, immediately invoiced to Buyer and/or subject to price adjustment and storage fees, and Majestic Steel is not obligated to hold such Material for Buyer.
Buyer shall pay the total invoiced amount in accordance with the terms of Majestic Steel’s written invoice. Majestic Steel reserves the right to charge interest on amounts not paid when due. Buyer has no right to set-off against any amount payable.
Majestic Steel warrants that the Material supplied will, at the time of delivery, conform to ASTM standards for tolerances and quality. THE FOREGOING EXPRESS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
Claims for shortages and Material damaged during transit must be made in writing within 3 days after Majestic Steel’s delivery of Material to the point of delivery. Claims for breach of warranty and non-conforming Material must be made within 120 days after Majestic Steel’s delivery of Material to the point of delivery. Any Material subject to a claim shall be held by Buyer as if it were prime until directed by Majestic Steel. All Material claims are subject to the policies and procedures set forth in the Majestic Steel USA, Inc. Customer Claims Policy, which are expressly incorporated and available at www.majesticsteel.com/customer-claims-policy.
Limitation of Liability
Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy is, at Majestic Steel’s option, replacement of non-conforming Material or the refund of the purchase price paid by Buyer (if applicable). Majestic Steel is not liable for any consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages.
Majestic Steel is not liable for any cost, expense, loss or other damage incurred by Buyer for any failure or delay in performance by the occurrence of any fire, catastrophe, embargo, strike, lockout or other labor trouble, delays in delivery of materials or supplies from suppliers or unavailability of conforming Material, injunction, federal, state or local government or judicial intervention or restriction, legislative changes, war or armed conflict, act of God or any other events or circumstances not within the reasonable control of the party affected, whether similar or dissimilar to any of the foregoing (a “Force Majeure Event”), provided, that, Majestic Steel shall, after the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event, use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Buyer of same.
These Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, Majestic Steel’s Order Acknowledgement, Release Confirmation, Packing List and/or P.O. (as applicable), Majestic Steel’s Customer Claims Policy, and the Majestic Steel Credit Application and Agreement contain the entire agreement with respect to the subject matter, and supersede all other agreements or communications between the parties. Any modifications must be accepted and reconfirmed by Majestic Steel. No failure or delay by Majestic Steel in exercising any right or remedy operates as a waiver (in whole or in part), or precludes any further exercise of any other right or remedy.
These Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.
California Proposition 65
California Proposition 65 (“Prop 65”) mandates notices and or warning labels ("Warning Labels") for consumer products sold in California that contain certain chemicals. Majestic Steel has determined that some of the Material it offers for sale may contain such chemicals (“Prop 65 Material”). A Prop 65 warning is contained on Majestic Steel’s packing list (the “Packing List”) for all Material, although some Material is not covered by Prop 65. In order that Majestic Steel and Buyer may be in compliance with Prop 65, Buyer represents, warrants and covenants:
- Buyer acknowledges that it will ensure that it and its non-retail customers fully comply with Prop 65.
- Buyer shall not sell (whether directly or via Internet) Prop 65 Material on a retail-basis in California without providing advance notice to Majestic, obtaining Warning Labels, and affixing Warning Labels on all Prop 65 Material before it is sold in California.
- Upon notice from Buyer that Buyer is selling or intends to sell Prop 65 Material on a retail-basis in California, Majestic Steel will provide Warning Labels to Buyer.
- Buyer will immediately notify Majestic Steel if it subsequently determines that Majestic Steel-supplied Prop 65 Material was previously sold on a retail-basis in California.
- Buyer will not directly or indirectly sell in California, or place in commerce for sale in California on a retail-basis, Prop 65 Material if the attached Warning Labels have been removed, tampered with or obscured in any way.
- Buyer will immediately notify Majestic Steel (via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org) if it receives a notice that it is accused of selling any Material in violation of Prop 65. Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Majestic Steel does not have a legal duty to respond to the notice.
- Buyer will indemnify and hold harmless Majestic Steel for all damages, costs and penalties, including legal expenses and attorneys’ fees, for any violation of the terms of this Section 13, and/or any action brought by Majestic Steel relating to Buyer’s actions or omissions under this Section 13.
- For more information on Prop 65, visit this web site: oehha.ca.gov/prop65.html.
LAST REVISED: August 2018